|Project value:||£2.7m (part of a wider £10m masterplan scheme)|
|Location:||The Nare Hotel, Carne Beach|
|Architect:||Poynton Bradbury Wynter Cole|
|M&E Consultants:||Method Consultants|
|Civil & Structural Engineers:||MBA|
The Nare Hotel D2/D3 project is an exciting new extension of the renowned 5 star ‘country house by the sea’ hotel to create 8 additional luxury hotel suites, now known as the Whittington Suites.
The Nare Hotel has been the highest rated hotel in Cornwall for the last three decades and We Are Ease were pleased to have been part of its recent transformation. Albeit the Masterplan for the hotel runs over future phases of works, the D2/D3 project recently completed comprised of the following:-
- Extensive excavation and removal of 3500m³ of surplus material to allow formation of the piling matt and following piling requirements as a result of the hotels proximity to the cliff edge.
- Traditional masonry built extension with block & beam floors.
- Fully glazed sliding doors from each suite to access private balconies which take advantage of the panoramic sea front views.
- Installation of palatial en-suites and bathrooms, retaining the original ambience.
- Expected luxuries of 5-star hotel such as air conditioning and under floor heating.
- Re-modelling of existing car parking and creation of a newly constructed car park to comfortably accommodate additional guests.
- Reshaping creative landscaping to the hotel garden areas and installation of new surface water drainage and croquet lawn.
- Bespoke staircase that links all communal areas which is in keeping with the hotel.
- High end finishes such as hardwood floors, thick pile carpets and designer wallpaper all add to the quality finish expected of such a renowned 5 star hotel.